I finally found an acceptable clock for the trailer’s nightstand. It’s adhered to the wall next to the bed and powered by the USB charging port.
Sleeping in the trailer is different than at home — few of the usual cues to hint at the time are present. Awakening in the morning, none of the familiar, regular sounds are present, and the light is different at each new location. Until now, I have tolerated using my phone as a clock, but its screen is blinding in the dark. I also usually can’t find it until noisily knocking it off while fumbling around. This clock solves that problem, sitting within my line of sight but not being so bright to be irritating.
- Red coloring to preserve night sight (it has several other color options)
- Multiple brightness levels
- USB powered with battery backup (I wanted to avoid anything needing 120VAC)
- Automatic time synchronization via WWVB signal
- Temperature and humidity sensor, both internal and supporting portable sensors
- Basic weather trend prediction
- Relatively flat design that minimizes protrusion from wall
Sadly, my particular model was only listed on Amazon for a short time.