Results-oriented software developer with fourteen years experience in development and deployment for production systems. I focus on creating software with useable, intuitive user interfaces that meet the needs of both the publisher and users of the software. I value creating highly readable and easily maintainable source code with a robust version control history to accompany it. I am constantly striving to learn new technologies and better myself and my skills as the industry evolves.
Databases: MySQL (14); SQLite (6)
Development Software: Xcode (10); Git (6)
Web Servers: Apache (14); LAMP (10+)
Platforms: Mac OS X (15); Linux (10+)
Cloud services: Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, Route53) (6); Rackspace (5); DigitalOcean (1); Postmark (6); USPS Address Validation (6)
Beyond the traditional developer skills I also have significant experience with Adobe Photoshop (14+), Adobe InDesign (9), Adobe Illustrator (9), Apple Motion (3), and many other media asset creation programs.
Independent & Contract Development
2006 – Present
- Studio Pro – An app for professional photographers to drive sales sessions, generate invoices, and receive payment. I am responsible for the development, design, customer support, tester, and every other related aspect.
- Portfolio for iPad – An app for media professionals to present a custom experience showcasing their work to prospective clients. I am responsible for the development, design, customer support, tester, and every other related aspect.
- Portfolio for iPhone – A separate iPhone version of Portfolio for iPad. I am responsible for the development, design, customer support, tester, and every other related aspect.
- DENTSPLY Rinn – A catalog app targeted at the dental field showcasing products from the Rinn division of DENTSPLY. I adapted the existing PDF-formatted catalog to the iOS form factors, developed the app, and provide ongoing updates.
- Sultan Healthcare – A catalog app targeted at the dental field showcasing products from the Sultan Healthcare division of DENTSPLY. I adapted the existing PDF-formatted catalog to the iOS form factors, developed the app, and provide ongoing updates.
- More – Additional development history available by request.
The Davenport Hotel — 2002 – 2011
- Sole administrator of the network (primarily Cisco) and phone system (Avaya).
- Shared responsibility for management of Windows servers (2000-2008), Active Directory, workstations, printers, and user support.
- Migrated all workstations first from Windows 2000 to Windows XP and then to Windows 2007 with minimal interruption.
- Expanded the original phone system with approximately 800 extensions to approximately 1800 extensions with the addition of the Tower and approximately 2000 extensions with the addition of the Hotel Lusso.
- Configured and added a completely segregated network for guest use on top of the same network topology while maintaining the security and isolation of the hotel’s administrative network.
- Provided all network support and configuration for hosted events, such as the annual medical events that brought in outside private networks.
- Developed and maintained the hotel’s website for the final 7 years of my employment.
Worthy Enterprises for The Davenport Hotel — 2000 – 2002
- One of a three-person team installing all of the network and video wiring in The Davenport Hotel, The Davenport Hotel Tower, and Hotel Lusso before moving into a systems administration role after the hotel opened.
- Installed and tested several million feet of network wiring and fiber optic cabling.
Eastern Washington University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science – June 2006
Coursework: Advanced Computer Graphics, Data Structures, Finite State Automata, Electrical Engineering, Design Patterns, and minors in both Mathematics and Physics.
- Eastern Washington University – Magna Cum Laude
- Eastern Washington University – Dean’s List
- Eastern Washington University – Killin Award Recipient
- White House Communications Agency Special Recognition